Snort mailing list archives

Re: EXTERNAL_NET definition in Snort

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:39:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Jukka Juslin wrote:

Does anybody know, how I can define EXTERNAL_NET to be anything else, but
the address spaces set in the HOME_NET directive? Or what about other way
around - if I want Snort to look into outbound packets and I swap the
definition of these directives, how can make HOME_NET to be anything, but
the addresses in the EXTERNAL_NET?

Meaning, I would like to have !not_this exclusion in the network
definition. I suppose it is needed to define these this way?

        var EXTERNAL_NET !$HOME_NET

-----
Erek Adams