Snort mailing list archives

Re: Help to configure SNORT

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 16:40:50 -0500

At 04:25 PM 12/23/2003, Lorenzo Rossi wrote:

Could you help me to solve this problem?

Ok, you made it to snort-users... did you get the rest of my message? I made the effort to offer some suggestions about your problem itself, and you reposted your question without any changes to reflect that you'd tried my suggestions.

You should be able to get rid of these by configuring spp_stream4 with disable_evasion_alerts.

This is also the default setting in the default snort.conf, so I'm not sure why you've been getting these alerts.