Snort mailing list archives

RE: Tagged packets in logs

From: "Grejda, Eric" <EGrejda () county allegheny pa us>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:45:31 -0500

I've been seeing those on our networks as well, only there hasn't been any
payload in those packets.  They were appearing on a Snort v2.0.5 setup using
the latest STABLE rule set which was logging to a MySQL database.  We
haven't been able to pin down what's causing them, either, and would love to
know what's going on.  My working theory has been that it's been a system
duplication application of some sort (we use a few of them around here)
pinging the server that stores its disk images but there's no hard data
backing that theory up.

--
Eric Grejda