Snort mailing list archives

Re: monitoring pflog0 on obsd

From: Shawn Posthumus <posthums () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 17:04:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hmm, this could definately be the case.. I havnt changed the defaults for the
snaplen.  Thanks.

Shawn

--- MH <procana () insight rr com> wrote:
Hi Shawn,

One thing to point out is that pflogd has a snaplen of
96 by default.  You are not capturing enough of the packet
to trip your snort rules.  Reset pflogd to a snaplen of 1500.

Hope this helps,
Mike