Snort mailing list archives

Problem with "Established" keyword

From: Ryan Russell <ryan () thievco com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:13:25 -0800

I did find the discussion about this in October, but I could find no real solution in that discussion.

I just did a fresh install of Snort 2.0.5 on OpenBSD 3.4. Just a simple configure; make; make install, and copies the rules and config files to a directory, and started Snort from there.

It appears that none of the rules with established will fire. If I take that keyword out of the rule, it works fine.

Was there some change to Snort that borke this, or is some preprocessor not hadling it properly?

                                Ryan