Snort mailing list archives

Re: Help!!!

From: Jim Brown <jpb () sixshooter v6 thrupoint net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:21:09 -0500

* Mario Guerendo <m.guerendo () comcast net> [2003-12-13 14:16]:
Hello everyone,

I have a little project, I am trying to have a script/program that would
collect data on attacks, Denial of Service attacks to be precise.  I would
like to dump the data in an excel spreadsheet and create pie chart /bar
graph.  Anyone wiling to help?  I am willing to pay a few bucks for this.
Using ACID from snort isn't an option.

You'll need to be more precise with your requirements.  In general
though, parsing snort logs is not hard if you know regular
expressions, and are handy with either shell tools (awk, sort, uniq, etc.)
or perl.

Spend 20 minutes reading the man pages for the above utilities
and save yourself some cash :-).

If you are really stuck, drop me a note off list.

Best Regards,
jpb
===

Thx for the help.