Snort mailing list archives

Re: Syslog Alert format?

From: Ralf Spenneberg <lists () spenneberg org>
Date: 12 Dec 2003 10:09:58 +0100

Am Fre, 2003-12-12 um 06.25 schrieb JP Vossen:

For example, I'm getting this one, note the missing src and dst ports (made
up IPs):

...BAD-TRAFFIC bad frag bits [Classification: Misc activity] [Priority: 3]:
{TCP} 172.16.52.75 -> 10.10.10.81
This is a fragmented packet. Fragments only carry the original IP header
but not any upper protocol header like a TCP header. Snort can therefore
just determine the upper layer protocol (like TCP) but not any
additional TCP information like below.

I'm expecting something like this:
      {TCP} 172.16.52.75:80 -> 10.10.10.81:3565

Off the top of my head, I don't even know how to do that on purpose!  How do
you change the output?
The output is not changed. The packet just does not provide the
information.

Cheers,

Ralf
--