Snort mailing list archives

RE: Looking for recommendations for distributed Snort GiGE Sensors (network architecture described in message)

From: Jason Haar <Jason.Haar () trimble co nz>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:59:18 +1300

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 19:31, Val P wrote:
We are monitoring a gigabit line using a Proliant DL-380G2 server (1.4 GHz
processor and E1000 SX-fiber NICs (forget which model, but Intel branded))

Have not seen any dropped packets even during peak times (which admitedly,
do not max out our gigabit line, they may spike to 30%-40% on rare
occasions, but is usually around 10%). The server has 1GB of ram, and is
logging to a SQL Server 2000. Running on FreeBSD 4.8. The average load (not
during peak times) is about 0.75 - 1.25. Single processor configuration.

Can you say how you log from a FreeBSD box to a Microsoft SQL 2000
server? What API is available for that?

Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417