Snort mailing list archives

starting snort-Mysql on Mandrake 9.2

From: Michel Christophe <tofm2 () yahoo fr>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:55:26 +0100

Hello

Concerning  my latest post about snort mysql logging on two different
mysql servers, 3 and 4 dec in this list, here is the hard found answer:

At that time, I was extremely surprised to see that although syslog
logging worked extremely fine, nothing ever arrived to the sql server.

Of course, all my config files were correct, this was seen in my posts.

Nevertheless, let me pinpoint the fact that to achieve a successful
mysql logging from snort alerts, one has to start snort wrom within
startup scripts a special way, I mean WITHOUT the default install -s tag
which present at default install time caused the impossible mysql link.

Hope this helps

--
Michel Christophe <tofm2 () yahoo fr>