Snort mailing list archives

Re: flags SYN question...

From: Brian <bmc () snort org>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 10:45:25 -0500

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 09:58:03AM -0800, gfyspf () yahoo com wrote:
Could someone please tell me what the 12 stands for in the following
line:

flags:S,12  and are there other numbers if so what are they used for?
I have been searching all the documentation and can't find much info
on it.

The detection option "flags:S,12;" means, look for just the syn flag,
ignoring the first and second reserved bit.

Brian