Snort mailing list archives

How to log on MySql

From: "Damiano Bolzoni" <damiano.bolzoni () tin it>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:00:08 +0100

Hi all,
I've installed Snort on Windows XP and EasyPHP in order to log on MySql and
use Acid. I've modified "snort.conf" in order to log alerts on Mysql:

output database: log, mysql, user=snortusr password=snortusr dbname=snort
host=127.0.0.1 port=3306 detail=full

output database: alert, mysql, user=snortusr password=snortusr dbname=snort
host=127.0.0.1 port=3306 detail=full

then I execute snort with these paramaters:

snort -de -c C:\Ids\Snort\etc\snort.conf -l C:\Ids\Snort\log -A full

but it only logs in "log" directory...I've verified that user "snortusr" has
priviliges to access and modify database "snort".

What's wrong?!?

Thanx!

Damiano