Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort and suse 7.3

From: Scott Zawalski <scott.zawalski () web de>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:26:20 -0800

Cat,
It should not matter what distro you are using. Post your error and maybe someone on the list can help you out. If you installed libpcap manually check to see if /usr/local/lib is in your /etc/ld.so.conf file if it isn't add it and run ldconfig to update your library cache.
Scott

cat thrasher wrote:

Can I run snort 2.0.1 on suse 7.3? I am having the hardest time. I am very close to getting this thing going. I am having a hard time with the libpcap install. Would you advise not trying this on suse and just using Redhat? Or what?
Thanks in advance..

Cat