Snort mailing list archives

RE: how to convert tcpdump file back to its binary form

From: Richard Bejtlich <richard_bejtlich () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 04:54:16 -0800 (PST)

Jennifer,

Take a look at text2pcap, part of the Ethereal
distribution:

http://www.ethereal.com/text2pcap.1.html

You can read pcap files into Snort using the -r
switch.

Sincerely,

Richard Bejtlich
http://taosecurity.com

===

A file was supplied to me in tcpdump in ASCII format
and I would like to convert it back to its original
binary form.

Is it possible if so HOW?

After this file is converted to binary form can I run
it on snort and then snortsnarf??