Snort mailing list archives

curl with ssl problem

From: Shekar Reddy <shekar.reddy () propel com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:33:10 -0800

Hi,

I have installed snort and snort center on the same sparc solaris 9 machine
and I'm stuck with curl compilation problem.

When I run ./configure with ssl option (./configure --with-ssl) , I'm
getting this unusual error:

checking for off_t... yes
checking size of off_t... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (off_t),
77
See `config.log' for more details.

Here's the part of config.log file:

configure:4087: checking dependency style of gcc
configure:4149: result: gcc3
configure:4174: checking for special C compiler options needed for large
files
configure:4254: result: no
configure:4260: checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files
configure:4292: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
configure:4284: warning: left shift count >= width of type
configure:4284: warning: left shift count >= width of type
configure:4286: error: size of array `off_t_is_large' is negative
configure:4295: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| #line 4267 "configure"
| /* confdefs.h.  */

Please let me know if you have a solution. I'm new to cURL, PHP etc.

Here are some of the tools I'm using:

SNORT 2.0.4
Openssl 0.97c
Php 4.3.4