Snort mailing list archives

SnortCenter : $EXTERNAL_NET value overwriten when updating configuration

From: "sebastien desse" <sebastien.desse () libertysurf fr>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:33:36 +0100

Hello,

I use snortcenter 1.0rc1 to manage 3 snort sensors.

1) 1st Issue
I changed $EXTERNAL_NET value form any to !$HOME_NET in the snortcenter configuration.
If I do so, the configured value is overwriten when updating configuration from internet or from a file.

2) 2nd Issue
I tried to add an another $EXTERNAL_NET value in variables configuration page and select this value in the sensors's
variables configuration pages. It seem ok but when generating file and when I take a lot at it I can see the following
message :

# Next variable has been changed to 'any', couldn't find another variable match
var EXTERNAL_NET any

I have the same issue with all de snorts's configuration default variables.

Any idea ?

I'd like to know if SnortCenter project is still active or not ?

Best regards,

Sebastien

********** L'ADSL A 20 EUR/MOIS**********
Avec Tiscali, l'ADSL est à 20 EUR/mois. Vous pourrez chercher longtemps avant de trouver moins cher !
Pour profiter de cette offre exceptionnelle, cliquez ici : http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl/
Offre soumise à conditions.