Snort mailing list archives

Libnet make fatal error

From: Shekar Reddy <shekar.reddy () propel com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:45:04 -0800

Hi,

I'm trying to run make on libnet 1.1 and I'm getting the following fatal
error.

Does anybody have answer for this?

BTW: I read a mail with similar problem. Somebody has suggested to go with
libnet 1.0.2 instead. I tried both, no luck.

Please let me know if anybody has suggestions...

Note: This is on Solaris sparc 2.9 host

Here's the error:

bash-2.05# make
Making all in include
make  all-recursive
Making all in libnet
Making all in src
Making all in man
Making all in sample
gcc  -g -O2 -Wall  -o arp  arp.o ../src/libnet.a -lnsl -lsocket
gethostbyname2                      ../src/libnet.a(libnet_resolve.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to arp
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `arp'
Current working directory /opt/snort/Libnet-latest/sample
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

Here's the output of configure:

bash-2.05# sh ./configure --enable-flexresp --with-mysql=/opt/csw/mysql4
--with-lib
net-libraries=/usr/local/libnet
beginning autoconfiguration process for libnet-1.1.0...
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.9
checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.9
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.9
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/local/bin/install -c
checking for mawk... (cached) nawk
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) none
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/local/bin/install -c
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for sys/sockio.h... (cached) yes
checking machine endianess... big
checking if unaligned accesses fail... (cached) yes
checking whether gcc needs -traditional... (cached) no
checking for strerror... (cached) yes
checking link-layer packet interface type... found dlpi
-n scanning available packet construction modules:
802.1q 802.2 802.3 arp cdp data dhcp dns ethernet icmp igmp ip ipsec isl ntp
ospf rip snmp stp tcp udp vrrp
checking for sys/bufmod.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/dlpi_ext.h... (cached) no
checking for /dev/dlpi device... no
checking for /dev/dlpi directory... no
checking for socket in -lsocket... (cached) yes
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... (cached) yes
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating man/Makefile
creating src/Makefile
creating include/Makefile
creating include/libnet/Makefile
creating sample/Makefile
creating version.h
creating include/libnet.h
creating libnet-config
creating include/config.h
include/config.h is unchanged
Please note this is libnet 1.1.x.  Any code written for 1.0.x will NOT work
without porting.  Read the MIGRATION document for more info.