Snort mailing list archives

Re: question about TAG

From: Mark Nipper <nipsy () tamu edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:19:44 -0600

On 13 Nov 2003, Slighter, Tim wrote:
Does the use of TAG have any prequisites from the preprocessors such as
stream4 ?

TAG used to work and the only changes made since then has been to disable
stream4 and now the TAG feature no longer works.

        Speaking of which, and I apologize for not answering any
questions here and instead just show up with more demands, but it
would be nice if a dependency tree of some kind could be made in
the docs or someplace else appropriate.  I've often wondered, in
an attempt to scale back processing to only the things I know I
need, whether turning off something like stream4 is going to hose
the rest of my preprocessors I know I need to be using for some
task.

        There are at least two of us who would like to see such
information.  :)  Thanks...

--
Mark Nipper                                                e-contacts:
Computing and Information Services                      nipsy () tamu edu

---begin random quote of the moment---
"We enter into life naked and howling, covered with blood.  The
fun doesn't have to end there".
 -- _The Book of Madness_
----end random quote of the moment----