Snort mailing list archives

Re: RES: Newbie Question on using snort

From: Donna dm87 <dm87 () rogers com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:56:31 -0500

Sp0oKeR Labs wrote:
    Try
    http://www.snort.org/docs/
    There are many documentation.
Best Regards, Sp0oKeR

    -----Mensagem original-----
    *De:* snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net
    [mailto:snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net]*Em nome de *IS
    Technical Services
    *Enviada em:* quarta-feira, 12 de novembro de 2003 11:13
    *Para:* Snort-Users (E-mail)
*Assunto:* [Snort-users] Newbie Question on using snort

    I'm also interested in finding information on
    how to read the alerts or rather what is alert xyz actually telling me.
Apologies if these are fairly brain-dead questions but my network analysis experience is fairly limited. thanks *Rupert Broad*

At the suggestion above, I have been searching the www.snort.org site for information about reading alerts and what they actually are revealing - perhaps someone would be so kind as to post a more exact URL pointing to some beginner level info concerning the interpretation of output?

thanks
Donna dm87