Snort mailing list archives

RE: snort warnings

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:55:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Bryan Irvine wrote:

it is getting started in Daemon mode I just see the data go by.

[...snip...]

Aug  6 10:05:35 knox3 snort: Snort initialization completed successfully
#################################

It does fire up in Daemon mode, just not quietly like the other one
does.

I'm thinking it might be related to the fact that you only get 1
instance when you run the select and I get 141.

Actually, If that's whats being outputed to the screen I'd say there is
something wierder.  It's like the machine is sending all the syslog output
to the console.  Check your syslog.conf and see if something's kinda odd
in that respect.

-----
Erek Adams