Snort mailing list archives

Re: SCAN Proxy (8080) attempt

From: Andre Cameron <andrec () cydock com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 14:11:10 -0400

I use snort center and just added a pass rule. You cen get the details from the Snort Enterprise Installation guide located here:
http://users.pandora.be/larc/documentation/

Its on page 25 I think.

aNc

Marcel wrote:

Hallo

I am having following problem.
Snort is running on the externel interface and there is also running a
Squid Daemon on the internal interface listening on port 8080.
The Internal Network is beeing set up as "homenetwork".
Now everytime one of the internal Clients is surfing the net, snort
gives me following "Scan Proxy attempt" message.

Jun 16 10:49:47 *** snort: [1:620:2] SCAN Proxy (8080) attempt
[Classification: Attempted Information Leak] [Priority: 2]: {TCP}
192.168.181.86:50358 -> 192.168.181.222:8080

Can someone tell me how to get rid of these annoying messages?

Thanks in advance

Marcel