Snort mailing list archives

snort commands

From: attiq ahmed <attiq_in () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:37:26 +0100 (BST)

I have one query about snort ids.

I want to place snort ids in dmz and monitor all the
traffic in
that dmz
the network address of the dmz is 10.128.40.0 and i
have two network
cards
in the snort ids machine.

please let me know the exact command on snort to
monitor the dmz
traffic.
And also let me know what is the use of second network
card( is it
required).

And also iam using a syslog server the ip address is
10.128.1.2.
can you
please let me know the excat commnad in snort to
monitor the dmz
traffic of
network 10.128.40.0 and also to log it to syslog
server.

and also what is the command if i want to monitor
any traffic

Thank you & Regards
Attiq Ahmed