Snort mailing list archives

RE: Barnyard output

From: "Scott Renna" <srenna () vdbmusic com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:40:43 -0400

Barnyard basically allows snort to focus all of its attention on
detecting all that nefarious stuff.  You should use Barnyard if you're
going to log to a Database or ACID(which uses a database).  You
basically gain more efficiency, Snort hands Barnyard the data and
barnyard takes care of the rest.  If you're just playing around and
don't feel like storing your data and analyzing it, just use Snort.