Snort mailing list archives

Re: BPF Alternative for PPPOE?

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 09:04:50 -0400

"Richard A. Burman III" <Richard.Burman () cinagen com> writes:

Sorry to ramble, but I wanted to be as specific as possible and hope that
someone might have a suggestion as to what I can do.  I tried just for grins
to see if snort treated the bpf any different than tcpdump did, but did not
seem to have any success (with PPPOE).  In the meantime, I will read-up a
little more on excluding hosts in the snort.conf file and welcome any
suggestions.

Does PPPoE create any other devices that can be used for sniffing
rather than the raw etherent device?
--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
You now have 14 minutes to reach minimum safe distance.