Snort mailing list archives

Re: (no subject)

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:11:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, RAJNEEL DHOTRE wrote:

Few questions. I have installed Snort and updated rules via internet.

1) Can snort detect and drop packet. How do i configure this ?

Yes.

./configure --with-flexresp

2) Can Snort act as NIDS ? How do i configure this ?

Yes.

        snort -c /etc/snort.conf

After you've configured snort.conf for your network of course.

3) Do i have to configure port mirroring on my switch.

Yes.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams