Snort mailing list archives

RE: Newbie

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:56:52 -0700

Dwane,

It will require a Webserver, MySQL, and ACID.

Direct Snort to your MySQL database and direct ACID to use the database, and
of course you need a webserver, either Apache or IIS. Take a look at the
guides on my website for some ideas. There is a guide for installing a slave
sensor for windows which should give you an idea of what needs to be done on
your Linux box.

-Michael Steele
--
 System Engineer / Security Support Technician
 mailto:michaels () winsnort com

  _____