Snort mailing list archives

RE: BPF filters and Demarc

From: Gary Danko <GDanko () proflowers com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:12:26 -0700

Okay I did some reading on the net and found a way to create the stuff to
put in the filter file and now my filter file looks like this:

[root@ids1 conf]$ more bpf-filters.conf
(000) ldh      [12]
(001) jeq      #0x800           jt 2    jf 6
(002) ld       [26]
(003) jeq      #0x409cc50c      jt 12   jf 4
(004) ld       [30]
(005) jeq      #0x409cc50c      jt 12   jf 13
(006) jeq      #0x806           jt 8    jf 7
(007) jeq      #0x8035          jt 8    jf 13
(008) ld       [28]
(009) jeq      #0x409cc50c      jt 12   jf 10
(010) ld       [38]
(011) jeq      #0x409cc50c      jt 12   jf 13
(012) ret      #0
(013) ret      #96

I am still receiving the same results when I try to start snort with the -F
switch.