Snort mailing list archives

RE: Quick question...new mysql work ok?

From: "Sherwood, Adam" <asherwood () emh org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:39:23 -0400

Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 06:14:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: James Nonya <slave_tothe_box () yahoo com>
To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: [Snort-users] Quick question...new mysql work ok?

Does the new MySQL 4.0.14 work ok with Acid and Snort?

Thanks!

James

ACID v0.9.6b21 and Snort 2.0.0 work for me, having gone from MySQL 3.23.52
to 4.0.13, with PHP 4.1.2 and Apache 1.3.27 on RH 7.3.  I would advise
anyone doing an upgrade to ensure dependencies are not broken between the
database, the web server, PHP, and ACID.  For example, the PHP MySQL
extension, php-mysql, depends on libmysqlclient.so.  In my case, upgrading
MySQL took me from libmysqlclient.so.10 to libmysqlclient.so.12, which broke
PHP, which broke ACID.  The smart solution is to upgrade PHP and php-mysql
along with MySQL.  Alternatively, obtaining a libmysqlclient.so.10 and
putting it in place next to libmysqlclient.so.12 will do in a pinch.  Making
an so.10 symlink to so.12, however, does not work.  Watch your dependencies,
and you'll be fine.

Have fun,

Adam