Snort mailing list archives

Re: Status of Snort and the Rules - Stalled???

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:18:59 -0400

"Michael Steele" <mikes () go2dds com> writes:

Hello All:

Does anyone know why Snort has been stalled at the latest June 13th
build?

Sourceforge changed their setup and the automated snapshots were
dependent on the anonymous CVS stuff I believe.  Sourceforge is on a
atleast 24 hour delay now so it takes a while for a commit to make it
to the anonymous side.

It also seems the Rules are not being updated as often as they were.

Huh?  There have been several commits on rules recently.

Is this a new trend???

Has Sourcefire shifted priorities?

<sigh> No.

NOTE: These are just general question, NOT meant to stir anything up and I'm
asking for my own personal knowledge. This could have already been brought
up and I missed the post.

Thanks for the disclaimer to diffuse the previous statements.
--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Chicken's thinkin'