Snort mailing list archives

Re: postgresql

From: Bryan Irvine <bryan.irvine () kingcountyjournal com>
Date: 02 Jul 2003 11:57:27 -0700

I ran this command (with my variables replaced for yours) and got an
error that postgres wasn't even compiled in!! eek! *Do'h!*

I did a recompile --with-postgresql and now it doesn't come back with
any errors.  I see these at start time

#######################
database: compiled support for ( postgresql )
database: configured to use postgresql
database:          user = admin
database: password is set
database: database name = snort
database:          host = monitor.horvitznewspapers.net
database:   sensor name = 192.233.103.186
database:     sensor id = 1
database: schema version = 106
database: using the "log" facility

*yay*

I have it running now, I will check back shortly to see if the db is
populating.

--Bryan