Snort mailing list archives

Limiting logging Output

From: don () the-don net
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:01:56 +1000

Hi All,
      I need help setting up snort to only log 3 types of information as an IDS

I only want snort to log:

Destination (where the attack was aimed at)

Signature (The type of Attack)

Port (what port the atack was using)

If someone could help me and hold my hand on this one i would be really
greatful.

I want to show my managers that snort is a better product than the commercial
ones out there.

Thankyou in advance

Don

----- End forwarded message -----