Snort mailing list archives

Snort 2.0 & PPPoE

From: thor () ididntdoit et tudelft nl
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:07:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hello list,

i'm trying to run snort 2.0 on a PPPoE link on Linux (kernel
2.4.18). Unfortunately Snort refuses to run and says

bin/snort cannot handle data link type 101

I assume the data link typ of PPPoE is not supported under Snort
2.0. TCPDUMP however has no problems looking at the traffic.

Is this issue something on the to-do list or am i doing something
wrong? (I've already tried to set HOME_NET etc to any or my own IP).

kind regards,
Joost