Snort mailing list archives

Re: Memory Leak

From: "Jim Gifford" <maillist () jg555 com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:58:24 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Green" <cmg () sourcefire com>
To: "Jim Gifford" <maillist () jg555 com>
Cc: "Potts, Ross A." <ross.potts () ngc com>;
<Snort-users () lists sourceforge net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 5:39 AM
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Memory Leak

"Jim Gifford" <maillist () jg555 com> writes:

Version 2.0. LFS system. No problems with 1.8.7.

I really doubt it's a memory leak in the true sense of the word and
that your limits for the various components are high.  Portscan2 is a
very memory hungry module that grows over time until it's rather high
default limits are reached.

Stream4 and frag2 also will keep growing until they reach their memcap.

--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>

Chris,
    What do you recommend for a SMP box with 1 GIG of ECC RAM for memory
caps?