Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort alerts to multiple syslog servers

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:35:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Douglas McCrea wrote:

I'm using Snort 2.02 on a Windows 2000 server. I would like to send
alerts to multiple Syslog servers because we are sharing our data with
our Information Security office as well as analyzing it ourselves. I've
noticed that if I list more than one syslog server, the data is just
repeated in the log twice for only one syslog server. Is there a way to
send to multiple syslog servers using Windows 2000?

I'm not sure if you can do it on a Win32 box or not.  Your best bet might
be to log to a local syslog server and have _that_ forward onto other
hosts.

If you can't do that, use an intermediary *NIX box to do it.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams