Snort mailing list archives

SnortSam - a few questions

From: zottmann () ig com br
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:35:21 -0300

Hi!

We have successfully installed a great Snort solution here, comprising
Snort, SnortCenter, Acid and SnortSam, and everything is working fine.

I have two questions regardins SnortSam, though:

1) Is there a list of "proven" attack rules, that we can use as a basis for
configuring these rules to use SnortSam to block the attackers at the
firewall?

2) Although SnortSam is working fine, we don´t get the alerts on Acid
regarding the rule that we have chosen for the SnortSam test. Do we have to
duplicate the rules that we chose to run with SnortSam, or there is another
way to get Acid alerts for these rules too?

TIA,
Carlos.