Snort mailing list archives

RE: Passing IP Addresses best practices

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:13:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Richard Brackett wrote:

So what's your opinion on Snort management interfaces? Is there such an
animal out there that I can leave Snort untouched as far as rules go and
then filter out the events I don't want after they've reached a
management interface?

Untouched == bad idea.

Tune your rules, that's the best thing.  Use whatever interface you want,
just as long as it works for you.  Once you make rule changes use
something like Oinkmaster to do your rule updates and you should be fine.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams