Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Snort and SourceFire "Backdoored"

From: John Sage <jsage () finchhaven com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:39:08 -0700

hmm..

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 08:56:28AM -0700, joeypork () hushmail com wrote:
Well, there was nothing on snort.org up about this incident. There is
nothing in the mailing list archive about this incident. Where is public
warning? I dont see any! Show me where, Mr. Caswell....

More importantly, which functions were "trojaned" and changed? Why don't
we all get to see what you have changed to the Snort source? What are
you hiding?

Also, why are you getting all defensive and telling me to "grow up"?
Im merely putting forth some constructive criticizism, I happen to run
Snort and I am concerned.

This oughta do it:

:0:
* ^From:.*joeypork@hushmail\.com
shit_can

'nuff said...

- John
--
"Warning: time of day goes back, taking countermeasures."
John Sage