Snort mailing list archives

Re: Schema on MySQL

From: "John Byrnes" <JohnByrnes () alliantenergy com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:31:23 -0500

Hi Mike
have you recently truncated, deleted etc your mysql db? if you have that functionality scripted, it maybe clearing the
schema table contents.
-jb

"Mike Koponick" <mkoponick () redhawk info> 09/17/03 01:49PM >>>
I haven't seen this on the list and I apologize in advance if it has
been talked about previously.

I recently had a problem with SNORT dieing after a few minutes of
startup. After running the snort test mode, I found that the MySQL
database was *missing* the schema in the table.
I simply added it with the following command and all is well now.

INSERT INTO schema  (vseq, ctime) VALUES ('106', now());

I have had this problem in the past, but I thought I might have deleted
it by accident. I haven't been into this system with the exception of
checking logs etc. So, I'm thinking it's something else.

Has anyone seen this issue in the past? There were no clues in the logs
that I could see.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Mike Koponick
RedHawk. - Network Engineering
mike () redhawk info

addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
security () redhawk info.