Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problems compiling barnyard

From: Sean Perry <sean.perry () intransa com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:00:13 -0700

zottmann () ig com br wrote:

Hi! We have installed mysql from source in our system, in /usr/local/mysql. We try to run ./configure in barnyard´s source directory but it always complains something about not finding some mysql components. When we specify all the options "--enable-mysql --with-mysql-includes=/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql --with-mysql-libraries=/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql" it gives the following error: "ERROR: unable to find mysqlclient library checked in the following places /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql" As a test, we compiled Snort with support to mysql, in the same box, and it worked fine.... What may be wrong?

Thanks, I forgot to file a bug on this (not sure where but it needs one).

In MySQL 4 and up the proper function to test for is mysql_real_connect. The barnyard configure script checks for mysql_connect.