Snort mailing list archives

AIM decoding

From: JJ <jjhorner () SAFe-mail net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:44:17 -0400

I'm working decoding all of the AIM messages my snort box captures.

I can pull out the text using some pretty low-tech means, but I'd like to know if someone else has written an AIM
decoder which will decode the data from CHAT AIM send message and CHAT AIM receive message alerts and be able to tell
who said what, to whom, and when.

Has anyone gotten code like this working yet?

I hope I don't have to start sniffing through the Net::AIM module. . .

JJ