Snort mailing list archives

Re: portscan2 and conversation

From: "Denny Page" <denny () cococafe com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:27:15 -0700

If any one is interested, this turns out to be a defect in spp_conversation.

If you are seeing hundreds or thousands of SYN/ACK entries in the scan log
like so:

09/13-18:38:17.928330  TCP src: X.X.X.X dst: X.X.X.X sport: 80 dport: X
tgts: 1 ports: 150 flags: ***A**S* event_id: 482

This is due to a defect in spp_conversation.c.  A patch has been submitted.

Denny