Snort mailing list archives

mysql db error

From: "d_greenjr" <d_greenjr () hotmail com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 16:00:08 -0400

Platform: WXP
snort ver: 2.0.1
installation dir: e:\opt\snort
mysql: 4.0.13
installation dir: e:\opt\mysql
docs: winsnort guide
service: snort /SERVICE /INSTALL -c e:\opt\snort\etc\snor.conf -l e:\opt\snort\log -i1
Other: Apache, PHP, PHPlot, Adodb
Error message: I am receiving the following errors when trying to run snort on W32 with mysql, from the command-line
[c:> snort -c e:\opt\snort\etc\snor.conf -l e:\opt\snort\log -i1]
    Unicode decoding
    IIS alternate Unicode decoding
    IIS double encoding vuln
    Flip backslash to slash
    Include additional whitespace separators
    Ports to decode http on: 80
rpc_decode arguments:
    Ports to decode RPC on: 111 32771
    alert_fragments: INACTIVE
    alert_large_fragments: ACTIVE
    alert_incomplete: ACTIVE
    alert_multiple_requests: ACTIVE
telnet_decode arguments:
    Ports to decode telnet on: 21 23 25 119
Using LOCAL time
database: compiled support for ( mysql odbc mssql )
database: configured to use mysql
database:          user = snort
database: password is set
database: database name = snort
database:          host = 127.0.0.1
database:          port = 3306
database:   sensor name = rst
database: mysql_error: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual t
hat corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1
' AND encoding = '0' AND filter IS NULL' at line 1
database: mysql_error: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual t
hat corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1
','0', '0')' at line 1
SQL=INSERT INTO sensor (hostname, interface, detail, encoding, last_cid) VALUES
('rst','\','1','0', '0')
database: mysql_error: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual t
hat corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1
' AND encoding = '0' AND filter IS NULL' at line 1
database: Problem obtaining SENSOR ID (sid) from snort->sensor
ERROR:
 When this plugin starts, a SELECT query is run to find the sensor id for the
 currently running sensor. If the sensor id is not found, the plugin will run
 an INSERT query to insert the proper data and generate a new sensor id. Then a
 SELECT query is run to get the newly allocated sensor id. If that fails then
 this error message is generated.

 Some possible causes for this error are:
  * the user does not have proper INSERT or SELECT privileges
  * the sensor table does not exist

 If you are _absolutely_ certain that you have the proper privileges set and
 that your database structure is built properly please let me know if you
 continue to get this error. You can contact me at (roman () danyliw com).

Fatal Error, Quitting..