Snort mailing list archives

Re: Unable to access mysql db through webmin

From: Flhex <flhex () telusmail net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:48:15 -0700

Try using 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:10:14 -0400
"Kaplan, Andrew H." <AHKAPLAN () PARTNERS ORG> wrote:

I am using webmin as a means to configure snort. I have created the snort_db
database, and when I click on the icon that references it,
the various tables do appear. However, when I click on a table, the following
error message appears:

DBI Connect failed : Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

What's going on?