Snort mailing list archives

alert_full AND log_tcpdump

From: Nerijus Krukauskas <nkrukauskas () lb lt>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:57:09 +0300

Is it possible to get SNORT to log packets in both alert_full (alert log file with packet files in directories per IP address) and log_tcpdump (binary tcpdump format) modes?

The Snort manual says: "When multiple plugins of the same type (log, alert) are specified, they are stacked and called in sequence when an event occurs." Am I reading it wrong or am doing something wrong in snort.conf file?

  In snort.conf I have specified:
output alert_full: alert
output log_tcpdump: tcpdump.log

But then snort logs alerts in file "alert" and packets in "tcpdump.log". If I comment out tcpdump.log from snort.conf then I get packets in per IP directories. But I need them both... :(

  My snort command line: snort -o -e -c snort.conf -X -d -y -D -i eth0

--
NK @ Vilnius
nk.tinkle.lt

P.S. Sorry if I haven't been clear enough. English is not my native (as one can guess from my name)... :)