Snort mailing list archives

Rotate barnyard files?

From: ausec () athabascau ca
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 13:58:10 -0600 (MDT)

I'm running two barnyards to process alerts and logs. From my snort.conf:

output alert_unified: filename snort.alert, limit 128
output log_unified: filename snort.log, limit 128

My snort log directory is filling up with files like these (ie. there are
multiple snort.alert.* and snort.log.* files):

snort.alert.1063135489
snort.log.1063135489

Does that mean barnyard is getting behind processing the log and alert
files? Should I be rotating or deleting them? How do I know when barnyard
is done with a file...?

Thanks,
Ausec.

__