Snort mailing list archives

RE: UPDATE: flexresp2 (new and improved active response for Snort)

From: "Francis A. Vidal" <francisv-sender-58ad63 () irc dagupan com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:57:32 +0800

Jeff,

The snort version on FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE is 2.0.1, I got some rejects on file
configure.in when I applied your patch:

***************
*** 258,264 ****
        [with_libpcap_includes="$withval"],[with_libpcap_includes=no])

  AC_ARG_WITH(libpcap_libraries,
-       [  --with-libpcap-libraries=DIR  libpcap library directory],
        [with_libpcap_libraries="$withval"],[with_libpcap_libraries=no])

  if test "$with_libpcap_includes" != "no"; then
--- 258,264 ----
        [with_libpcap_includes="$withval"],[with_libpcap_includes=no])

  AC_ARG_WITH(libpcap_libraries,
+       [  --with-libpcap-libraries=DIR libpcap library directory],
        [with_libpcap_libraries="$withval"],[with_libpcap_libraries=no])

  if test "$with_libpcap_includes" != "no"; then

Other rejects:

./src/win32/WIN32-Prj/snort.dsp.rej
./src/win32/WIN32-Prj/snort.dsw.rej
./src/win32/WIN32-Prj/snort.mak.rej

It also warns me with:

cd . && /bin/sh /usr/ports/security/snort/work/snort-2.0.1/missing --run
aclocal-1.6
aclocal-1.6: not found
WARNING: `aclocal-1.6' is needed, and you do not seem to have it handy on
your
         system.  You might have modified some files without having the
         proper tools for further handling them.  Check the `README' file,
         it often tells you about the needed prerequirements for installing
         this package.  You may also peek at any GNU archive site, in case
         some other package would contain this missing `aclocal-1.6'
program.
*** Error code 1

But I have aclocal in /usr/local/bin:

aclocal (GNU automake) 1.5