Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort "invisible"

From: "Ricardo Pires" <pires-ricardo () uol com br>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 13:03:35 -0300

I think you have two choices.
The first one is to do not assign an IP address to the interface, as Dan
Ferris told you.
Another way, which one I do, is to assign a completly different IP to that
interface.
Lets suppose your network has a C class 192.168.1
You can use an IP address outside this class, with no route to that IP, like
1.1.1.2

Ricardo Pires