Snort mailing list archives

Re: IP Address Exclusion

From: Edin Dizdarevic <edin.dizdarevic () interActive-Systems de>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:03:06 +0200

Hi,

Andrew Dixon wrote:
Hi.

We have Co-located Windows 2003 server on which I am running Snort for
IDS, however, whenever we logon to the server via RDC or connect to
MySQL it reports an alert in the log. We have a fixed IP here, so is
there a way to tell Snort to not alert for anything from this IP
address.

At least two:

1. Pass rule (don't forget starting Snort with -o)
2. LSF filter (same as BPF filter L -> Linux)

See many postings on this as well as the FAQ.

Seems you have many false positives for me too...

Regards,

Edin

Thanks.

Best Regards,