Snort mailing list archives

Re: ICMP PING CyberKit 2.2 rule falsing on "PingPlotter"

From: K Anderson <freebsduser () comcast net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:04:32 -0700

The Robber of Zork wrote:
begin  K Anderson  quotation:

I'm up to 10K Cyberkit 2.2's in a 24 hour period. According to ACID. I have my firewall just denying them. Really nutso here.

Is this Cyberkit 2.2 garbage being generated by the worms running
around, or by (gulp) Windoze users trying to "secure" their sites?

Not sure, but from what folks have told me it is from those darn worms. Weee, I'm up to 11,712.

Here's some ACID stats.
 Traffic Profile by Protocol
   TCP (6%)

   UDP (1%)