Snort mailing list archives

Re: signature and classifications

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:43:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, lee leahu wrote:

using this configuration i am getting some errors

--snip-- (snort.conf)
include my.classification
include my.sid-msg
--snip--

--snip-- (my.sid-msg)
1000001 || Sobig.F worm - actively reset
1000002 || ALERT!!! NACHI Infection!!
--snip--

my messages log show the following error:

snort: FATAL ERROR: /etc/snort/my.sid-msg(1) => Unknown rule type: 1000001

*ugh*  That'll teach me to get more sleep before replying.  :)

You can include your classifications, just not your sid-msg file.  For
sid-msg.map, just use the contrib/regen-sidmap script to regen sid-msg.map
each time.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams