Snort mailing list archives

RE: home_net and external_net: how to use ! with multiple subnets ?

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 00:57:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Tom Van Overbeke wrote:

just for clarification, i have this in my snort.conf:

var EXTERNAL_NET !$HOME_NET

and in the rules the variable EXTERNAL_NET has a leading $ everywhere.

so maybe my version is too old ? i'm running version snort-2.0.0-1.0.10 on
redhat advanced server 2.1

Nope...  You're current.

What version are you guys running ?

Version 2.0.2beta (Build 90) from CVS and Version 2.0.1 (Build 88) 2.0.1
release.

Something's wrong in your setup.  If it were something wrong with Snort,
we'd be swamped with email about it.  :)  It's the law of averages.

What does the output of:

        egrep -v '^#|^$' snort.conf

give you?

Cheers!